Thursday, January 20, 2011

The dumbest new tradition in our family...

So when our brother-in-law joined the family four years ago, he introduced us to this tradition that has long lived in the Porter family: running around the house on the first snow. The day after Christmas, we had our "first snow" and were told that this is something we have to do. I can see how this might be fun at a small house, but Blair's parents house is rather wide and large. I wouldn't say this was a fun experience, but it was sure memorable! Here are the highlights:

Just before the "run" on the porch.
Notice our feet are already cold...
Mia and I only made it ten feet until we turned around.
It was so cold, I peed my pants!
Here's Brad and Lee Anne rounding the corner. Yes, she's crying from the pain.
My hot hubby, this didn't even phase him.
Even Grammy got into it, she is way too happy at this point!
Warming up our feet in the bathtub, priceless! Mia is not so sure.

No comments: