Sunday, January 23, 2011

Getting on my "nesting" mojo!

I've got the bug. I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones or just the boredom of being locked in the house during the winter, but I'm in major "nesting mode." I'm throwing my good friend, Melanie, a wedding shower in two weeks and my small group leader, Debbie, gave us her piano. Both of those things have given me motivation to make some changes to our living room which has looked basically the same for the past five years.

Don't get me wrong, I like our set up, furniture and "stuff." I just want some new life in our living (and bedroom) spaces. I bought two adorable lamps today for 50% off at Hancock fabrics for our bedroom. One of our lamps was broken and I was never in love with them. These only cost $15/each, not bad. Here's what's on the docket for this week:

1. Make two curtains for dining area windows. (I already bought some cute red/gold diamond printed fabric from Hancock fabrics for 50% off).

2. Move Debbie's piano (acutally, this is Blair's job).

3. Make curtain for large living area window (already picked out the fabric, waiting to see if I follow through on #1 first before investing in more fabric. It's supposed to snow this week, good excuse to get cracking to combat the stir-crazies).

4. Move furnature around (this is going to be hard, especially for the hubby since he loves the set up. We have a small living space, but have a few ideas for fitting in the piano and not changing the flow of the room).

When all this is done, I get to move on to our bedroom which is in dire need of a facelift as well. My way-too-crafty-and-cute-sister-in-law redid their bedding and curtains which made a HUGE difference (though everything she touches turns to gold). She's my sewing and decorating idol. Her house makes you want to throw up a little, it's that adorable AND organized (sidenote - we ironically both posted about running around the house and her title was "rub a dub dub, six men in a tub." She IS a school librarian, but common, can I have an ounce of that creativity?). I already bought some new frames from Kohls for our wedding picture and bridal protrait on clearance. they look great with the new lamps. I love seeing progress, I just need the patience to watch it all come together. Will post pictures with the progress this week...

No comments: