Saturday, August 21, 2010

30 Things I LOVE (and HATE) about Lee Anne

This post is dedicated to my awesome sister-in-law, Lee Anne, who turns 30 today. That is her pictured below decorating Mia's birthday cupcakes. There are so many things I love about her and so many things that I hate. Let me clarify; when I say "hate," what I really mean is envy. Example: Have you seen and touched Lee Anne's hair? I HATE that she can wake up in the morning and look like Reese Whitherspoon, not fair. So here you go, 30 things I LOVE and HATE about my sister-in-law, Lee Anne.
1. I love that we can talk hollywood gossip and can go deep at the same time.

2. I hate that she is good at EVERYTHING; sports, decorating, teaching, crafting.

3. I love her passion for her family and community.

4. I hate that she can spend the weekend eating ice cream, cake, hot wings, and ranch dressing and still look great.

5. I love shopping with her, I always learn so much.

6. I hate shopping with her, she can look good in a paper bag.

7. I love how she loves her husband. I'll never forgot Lee Anne picking up Brad from the airport in a Steelers shirt. That's love.

8. I hate how she has her spice rack organized better than Martha Stewart.

9. I love that she is always making goals for herself.

10. I hate that she usually accomplishes those goals, not fair.

11. I love how Lee Anne claims a song that is her "favorite song" every couple of months and blasts it in her car like a teenager. At least she used to do that.

12. I hate that she doesn't get to see Brad 3 days a week this semester.

13. I love that we wore the same wedding dress the day we both said "I do" two years apart.

14. I hate that she had to alter it since she's permanently two sizes smaller. I'm sure when she's pregnant, she'll be one of "those girls" who barely looks preganant until she goes into labor.

15. I love dancing around to "the Sound of Music" sound track with her like we're 12 years old.

16. I hate that Lee Anne can go to a yard sale, pay ten dollars for a piece of furnature, and paint it, add tassles, and put a fake plant on it to make it look out of a magazine.

17. I love her spunk and competative spirit, we make great partners.

18. I hate that she wins the gingerbread contest every year, or atleast has the best designs even when she doesn't win (yes, I'm admitting it). Polar Express, seriously?

19. I love how Lee Anne is the most thoughtful gift giver.

20. I hate that we can't share shoes anymore since I had a baby, she has GREAT shoes.

21. I love that she's a librarian, and that she's a great one.

22. I hate that when my daughter goes to school, Mia is going to ask to go back to school shopping with Lee Anne since she is already "the cool aunt." (let's be honest, Lee Anne is Mia's best chance of looking hip).

23. I love that we can talk and text for FREE now! Thank you Verizon.

24. I hate that she can sew anything AND blog about it. (Have you seen her blog? SO cute, SO inspiring, SO not fair).

25. I love that Lee Anne has always felt like a sister. Not only did I find my soulmate in her brother, but God gave me a sister soulmate.

26. I hate that she lives so far away.

27. I love that Lee Anne loves Jesus. She makes me want to be like Him everytime I talk to her.

28. I hate that I'm getting choked up as I write this and think about how much I love her.

29. I love how she has become a new role in our lives; "Aunt Lee Lee," and that she already loves my daughter so deeply. Mia is so lucky.

30. I love that we will get to do life together for another 30 years, I'm so blessed!


I love you sista'!


By the way family, we DID win last year's spades tournament. Better luck next time Brad...

3 comments:

Lee Anne said...

1. I love it that Cara loves me so much and has always made me feel like a sister.

2. I hate it that I read your blog post in Ann Taylor Loft and am crying about it in the dressing room.

Unknown said...

1. I LOVE it that I am so blessed to be the mother and mother-in-law of two of the most precious gals on the face of this earth.(I too am crying as I write this).
2. I HATE it that I have a problem with #18....BUT, Tara and I were the winners (by double digets...but who's counting???) in 2008 of the gingerbread house contest.

Unknown said...

1. I LOVE it that I am blessed to be the mother/mother-in-law of two of the most precious gals on the face of this earth!!!
2. I HATE it that I have a problem with #18....BUT, Tara and I WON (by double digets...but who's counting???)...the gingerbread house contest in 2008.