Friday, August 13, 2010

The quest for the holy.....sippy cup!

Ah yes, who would have thought that finding the "right sippy-cup" would be so challenging. I feel like Monty Python, but have not found Mia's "holy grail" yet. No one told me this would be so challenging. There are so many choices and apparently, your child ends up choosing the one he or she "likes." Maybe this is easier for some kids, but we've almost bought out every brand at babies r us. Of course everytime I'm in there, some mom comes and raves about one brand or another and tells me "this is the one my son fell in love with." Ridiculous, but yet necessary...

The quest is on, click clack, click clack...
Our contenders so far...
"The Nuk" - Mia loves the handles, but water doesn't come out fast enough.
"The generic" - top choice, but no handles. I have to hold it. Water flow is perfect!

"Born Free" - Nice soft texture, too heavy once it's full. Too hard to tilt back when not full enough.
"Tommy Tippy" - the best name by far. Wish it were smaller, it's also a frontrunner now. Love the retracktable cover that flips over.

"The Nubby" - the worst name by far. Handles are great, but Mia gets drenched after three sips
"The Nalgene" - definately the coolest, but can't handle the hard plastic sipper. Maybe one day when she's walking and wearing her hiking shoes...
"The Personalized Babies R Us Cup" - Ok, so I had a weak moment in Babies R Us. I couldn't pass up something with her name on it. Just like high heels: totally not practical, too hard, but stylish. At least she looks good while drinking out of it!
We'll let you know when we finally find the "right" cup, wish us luck...

1 comment:

Gloria said...

This post made me laugh and laugh! It's funny how kids choose their favorite sippy cup-- for kids that were breastfed it has a lot to do with familiarity. I asked a pediatrician what this meant. She said, "The child prefers the cup that most resembles your anatomy." SOOOO Funny! :)